Custodial Party

The Custodial Party is the guardian who generally has the most custody/visitation and receives the child support payment. A parent, grandparent, and a foster parent who are guardians of a child may be considered the Custodial Party.

Custodial Party Services

  • Establishing paternity (fatherhood)
  • Locating absent parents
  • Requesting child support orders from the court
  • Requesting medical support orders from the court
  • Enforcing child support orders
  • Modifying child support orders

Annual Fee

Federal law requires states to charge families that have never received Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) a $35 annual application fee if at least $550 will be assess for each case in which the family has never received welfare benefits and the custodial parent has received $500 or more in support payments during the prior federal fiscal year (October 1-September 30). The fee will be collected from the custodial party's payments until the $35 is paid in full.

Apply for Services

To apply for services, complete the Simplified Online Application or request one from the Tehama Child Support in person or by phone. Return paper applications to 1005 Vista Way, Suite A in Red Bluff.

In most cases, individuals currently receiving CalWORKS are automatically referred to their local child support agency for services. If you are on CalWORKS and have questions about your case please call 1-866-901-3212 and ask to speak with your case manager.

Electronic Payment Card

If you have a child support case with Tehama County Child Support Services and you don't have an EPC Card (child support payments credited on a card instead of by check), it's quick and easy! Here's how to enroll online:

  • Go to this link to the State Disbursement Unit's website:
  • Select "Custodial Parties"
  • Select Enroll Now"
  • You will need your Child Support Participant ID, Social Security Number, and date of birth

Or, enroll by calling 1-866-901-3212. (Select option 1, then option 3, and then option 2)

  • You will need your Child Support Participant ID, Social Security Number, and date of birth