Open A Case

To open a case, you must complete an application and meet or speak with a Tehama County Child Support Services Case Manager. They will ask you questions regarding income, tax filing status, and visitation.

Simple Online Application

Enrolling in child support services used to be a long, complicated process, but those days are behind us. The NEW CA Child Support electronic enrollment is user-friendly. Ready to begin? The application is provided in both Spanish and English. Click the link below:

Apply Here

Paper Application

If you prefer completing a paper application, you may come into the Tehama County Child Support Services Department at 1005 Vista Way, Suite A in Red Bluff to pick up an application. You may also request an application be mailed to you by calling the call center at 1-866-901-3212. A case manager may interview you immediately if you deliver your application in person. If you complete your application and mail it in, a case manager will contact you within 12 business days to arrange an interview with you.

CalWORKS Customers

Individuals currently receiving CalWORKS are automatically referred to their local child support agency for services. If you are a CalWORKS beneficiary and have questions about your case, please contact your local child support agency.

What's Next?

After you've completed the application process and are interviewed by a case manager, the other parent will be notified the Child Support Case has been opened by receiving in the mail an introduction letter and some paperwork to complete. In some cases, a paternity test may be requested. A guideline calculation and "Summons and Complaint" will be mailed to both parents. Parents can either stipulate (agree) to the terms in the paperwork or they may go to court to present their case to the Commissioner, who is appointed by the Presiding Judge to rule on the case. In California, a guideline calculator is used to set a child support order amount.